Job Title: Class Instructor/Facilitator – Spanish Catholic Bible Study/Worship
Number of openings: 2
JUST is seeking out volunteers who would like to utilize their professional education and training in an effort to provide effective interventions that reduce recidivism and create safer families and communities. Studies have shown that an individuals faith greatly impacts their actions. By providing a safe environment for inmates to practice their beliefs we hope to encourage and strengthen the inmate so they do not re-offend.
Location/Time: DuPage County Jail
Weekly classes held: Friday’s from 9:00-10:30 am (males)
Reports to: Spiritual Enrichment Director/ Chaplain
- Establish a friendly, teaching relationship with inmates
- Use a pre-approved curriculum.
- Develop a lesson plan.
- Facilitate group discussion
- Attend quarterly leaders meeting
- Work with and report to Chaplain
- Prior experience working with offenders either in jail, prison or at an aftercare facility preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of God’s Word with Bible teaching credentials. - Willingness to teach within concepts delineated by the Chaplain - Demonstrated passion for this mission field.
- Bilingual – Spanish/English
- Minimum age requirement of 21
- Must submit to background check and fingerprinting.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must commit to at least one year of service, coming in at least once a week.
- Must complete volunteer orientation and attend at least one volunteer in-service each year.
- Must read and agree to follow all policies and guidelines as outlined in the JUST of DuPage Volunteer Handbook and any policies set by the DuPage County Jail.