Class Instructor/Facilitator - Life Skills
Job Title: Class Instructor/Facilitator – Life Skills
Number of openings:
JUST is focused on providing interventions that address the greatest criminogenic needs of the jail population. These criminogenic needs, (i.e. criminal personality; antisocial values and beliefs; low self control; substance abuse and dependency; dysfunctional families, etc.), are dynamic risk factors that when addressed with effective interventions and delivered by professional trained staff or volunteers are most likely to affect an offenders risk for recidivism. JUST is seeking out volunteers who would like to utilize their professional education and training in an effort to provide effective interventions that reduce recidivism and create safer families and communities.
DuPage County Jail
Weekly classes held: Tuesday’s from 7:30-9:00 pm (female)
Wednesday’s from 2:00-3:30 pm (male)
Reports to: Director of Operations
- Lesson preparation focusing on three areas: basic financial management skills, basic computer skills, career building skills. Each area to be composed of three different lessons.
- facilitation of group (maximum of 20 inmates in a group)
- work with and report to Director of Operations
- Good working knowledge of MS Word and proper typing skills.
- Experience in resume writing, filling out job applications.
- Basic household budgeting and banking skills.
- Minimum age requirement of 21
- Must submit to background check and fingerprinting.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must commit to at least one year of service, coming in at least once a week.
- Must complete volunteer orientation and attend at least one volunteer in-service each year.
- Must read and agree to follow all policies and guidelines as outlined in the JUST of DuPage Volunteer Handbook and any policies set by the DuPage County Jail.