Job Title: Office Assistant
JUST is seeking out volunteers who would like to assist in office tasks. By having office support, JUST is able to effectively run its programs and best serve the inmates’ needs.
Location: DuPage County Jail
- Enter data
- Record class attendance
- Type court letters for inmates
- Create class lists
- Maintain e-mail contacts of supporters and volunteers
- Recommended (but not required) experience using Excel and Access - Ability to remain organized
- Ability to type accurately
- Knowledge of basic office equipment (photo-copier, fax machine).
- Minimum age requirement of 21
- Must submit to background check and fingerprinting.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must commit to at least one year of service, coming in at least once a week. - Must complete volunteer orientation and attend at least one volunteer in-service each year.
- Must read and agree to follow all policies and guidelines as outlined in the JUST of DuPage Volunteer Handbook and any policies set by the DuPage County Jail.