Special Events Assistant
Job Title: Special Events Assistant
Number of openings: 5
JUST is seeking out volunteers who would like to coordinate special events. By organizing special events, we can draw support and awareness for our organization and also fundraise additional money for our programs.
- Organize special events
- Establish contacts for special events
- Increase community awareness of JUST
- Advertise and promote special events
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to remain organized
- Willingness to use various promotional tools, including online tools such as Facebook.
- Ability to work well with a team of special event assistants
- Recommended (but not required) experience with Publisher in order to create promotional tools such as brochures and flyers
- Minimum age requirement of 21
- Must submit to background check and fingerprinting.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must commit to at least one year of service, coming in at least once a week. - Must complete volunteer orientation and attend at least one volunteer in-service each year.
- Must read and agree to follow all policies and guidelines as outlined in the JUST of DuPage Volunteer Handbook and any policies set by the DuPage County Jail.