Job Title: Class Instructor/Facilitator – Spanish Anger Managment
Number of openings: 2
Purpose: JUST is focused on providing interventions that address the greatest criminogenic needs of the jail population. These criminogenic needs, (i.e. criminal personality; antisocial values and beliefs; low self control; substance abuse and dependency; dysfunctional families, etc.), are dynamic risk factors that when addressed with effective interventions and delivered by professional trained staff or volunteers are most likely to affect an offenders risk for recidivism.
JUST is seeking out volunteers who would like to utilize their professional education and training in an effort to provide effective interventions that reduce recidivism and create safer families and communities.
Location/Time: DuPage County Jail
Weekly classes held: Tuesday’s from 7:30-9:00 pm (male)
Reports to: Director of Operations
- Prepare lessons based upon provided curriculum.
- work with and report to Director of Operations
- Proven experience in handling your own anger.
- Bilingual – Spanish and English
- Minimum age requirement of 21
- Must submit to background check and fingerprinting.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must commit to at least one year of service, coming in at least once a week. - Must complete volunteer orientation and attend at least one volunteer in-service each year.
- Must read and agree to follow all policies and guidelines as outlined in the JUST of DuPage Volunteer Handbook and any policies set by the DuPage County Jail.